Several years ago I bought a pattern and tool to make a toothbrush rug. I tried to start one and failed and moved on to making a locker hook rug.
A couple of weeks ago I stumbled on a youtube with someone demonstrating how to make a toothbrush rug. I found my pattern and tool and got started.
The fabric I used was a queen size duvet cover that was literally in the trash – my daughter really like the covered, but it was just too worn to be called anything but a rag and she decided to let it go. I saw the rug demo and rescued the duvet cover.
She was hoping for a large rug — about 32 by 54. I knew that I would not have enough fabric so I was hoping for the best. This shows the rug at half way and the size is about 15 in by 29 in.
This is the completed rug – the finished size is 22 in by 38 in. She is thrilled with the finished rug!!
This is a close up of the working side of the rug.
I don’t expect to ever make another — unless I am really desperate for a specific color. The dust and lit that covered my sewing room after making this was awful! I spent most of day 8 of this project cleaning my sewing room.