Once again, time flies… I need to give myself a specific day to post and perhaps I will get back to a weekly schedule.
Christmas in July was weak… I did make two Mill Hill beaded ornaments but I only completed the finishing on one. They look so cute when they are done! But then I had to decide how to turn them into ornaments.
The Santa was my guinea pig for finishing. I added a jewelry finding to the back with glue – thanks to Calico and her flosstube #17 for the idea. When it was dry, I put a layer of white glue on the back – extending a couple of rows beyond the stitching and applied a square of felt. After it was dry, I cut it out and ….
The trimming was not easy, I will try different scissors on the snowman… “discovery requires experimentation”.
I also spent a bit of time on the patchwork bear stocking I started for my son 25+ years ago.
Sorry, just realized that I didn’t take a picture of the entire piece – next time. This is a handpainted canvas from TS. If it looks familiar, it could be because it was modified and available as kit (maybe from Bucilla). Stitching for the head is finished and I am going to try work on it for least a couple of days every month.
Last for this post is a block of the month quilt that is another oldie but goodie.
This is the Indigo Stars BOM from Reproduction Fabrics that is from before 2000, it might be the first bom that I ever signed up for. With each pack you make four squares, unfinished size 14.5 inches, each month has six fabrics, each month the fabrics change. I have completed the first five months and have and one duplicate fabric. With 48 completed blocks this would make an enormous quilt or a couple (or more) throw size. No idea what I will do with the blocks.