Fun with plastic canvas! I must admit that I totally ignored plastic canvas when it comes to needlepoint. I don’t know why since I never gave it a chance. Well…. I have been having a great time with this project and here are my in progress pics.
Of course, there were a few cutting errors — but plastic canvas is inexpensive. I decided that the roof was to be stitched on the black canvas provided in the kit… wrong… but it sure looks great.
The walls were stitched as I would stitch any needlepoint project but since I didn’t follow the instructions provided I ran out of yarn. No worries, I just substituted out some persian I had in my resource center. But for the remainder, I did all stitching as instructed using half-cross. I don’t think the coverage is that great using half-cross so I might think twice before I buy another Mary Maxim kit — but I could just sub the yarn before I even start.