For some reason, I gravitate to large projects — it is refreshing to work on something smaller and finish in just a day or two. After finishing the Salt Water Taffy quilt I found a couple of project bags with partial projects that are now complete!!
Needlepoint Canvas from Chili
This Chili canvas will eventually be mounted into a Sudberry House coaster. I can’t imagine why it took me four years to finish the stitching …. but …. it did. The wool is mainly Vineyard Merino with some Persian — the center is done in Victorian cross stitch and the border is slanted gobelin over three with a single round in tent. The original canvas was not quite large enough for the coaster so I painted an additional four rows all around. I have companion canvases to create a set of coasters, but I will likely stitch in tent so it should take much less time.
Other projects that I worked on came as kits from River Town Warehouse. These are all felt pocket projects. I made them almost as instructed with some minor changes – I didn’t use a glue gun to attach some of the trims – rather I sewed all pieces.