The Rhapsody project continues! There are a total of ten different Watercolours that are used in the piece — all have been stitched. I can’t wait to see how they look as they are repeated. So far, so good!
This is a fun piece to stitch — but…. (yes, always a “but”) I have found a few errors in the charting. They will not be a problem for an intermediate/advanced stitcher, however, if you are new to needlepoint you may need a little help.
I started in the center (as suggested) and am working from left to right – one vertical ribbon at a time. After that is complete I will work from center in the opposite direction. These are the charting errors I have found so far….
Stitch 8: has been charted over 7 rather than 6 canvas threads — there should be an additional straight gobelin at the far right for a total of seven, the slanted gobelin sequence in the bottom left is charted one canvas thread too wide left.
Stitch 10: stitch 16 should be over two intersections and start directly under stitch 15, stitch 25 should start in the same position as charted but over one intersection only.
Stitch 14: stitches 17 through 24 point the wrong stitch direction.
Stitch 42: the stitch is charted over eight canvas threads rather than nine. Extend the slanted gobelin on each side by one stitch, dropping the bottom rhodes by one stitch — add two tent stitches between rhodes stitches.
Stitch 47; top and bottom straight gobelin — there should be seven stitches for each — add one to each side.
Stitch 65: doesn’t match photo… cross stitch 4/5 should be over 4 laid threads, cross stitch 10/11 should be over 4 laid threads. Put in stitch 6 and then put in the 4/5 cross over all four threads, repeat stitch six and put in the 10/11 cross over all four threads.
Stitch 76: doesn’t match photo… to duplicate the photo, stitch 7 should start one thread lower and end one thread higher — it will cover all horizontal threads as well as the giant cross.